Tuesday 9 July 2013

VMD (Vape My Day) by Innevape

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product. Pertinent portions of this review have been quoted from my review of Innevape's Se7en (Vaper's Deadly Sins). http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/se7en-vapers-deadly-sin-by-innevape.html Quoted passages are in italics.

VMD (Vape My Day) is Innevape's http://www.innevape.com tribute to that most famous piece of cinematic history, Dirty Harry. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066999/

"Feeling Lucky, Punk?" This question has gone down in American cinematic history as one of the most famous movie quotes of all time, but this isn't what Harry Callahan actually asked. This is what he actually said, "...you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066999/quotes 

Here's a link to the scene on Youtube. Enjoy: http://youtu.be/8Xjr2hnOHiM

See the footnote below if you're interested in reading about my experience with a Magnum .44. It's not strictly relevant to this review.

Innevape are based in Central Florida. From their website: "We started this company to provide the absolute highest quality American made, custom blended e-liquids on the market. All of our blends are made with only the purest ingredients, including Kosher VG, and PG. Our e-liquids are all a 70% VG / 30% PG mixture to achieve the perfect balance of flavor, vapor production, and throat hit. We are a company owned by vapers, and run by vapers. Our commitment to you is that we will always maintain the utmost highest standards in quality, and customer service and treat you the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Live long and vapor." http://www.innevape.com/aboutus.asp

Innevape offer a range of sixteen e-liquids. These are Caramel Vapeuccino, Chill Out, Watermelonthol, Cherry Bomb, Fusion, Beehave, Grapevape, Mocha Javape, Heisenberg (The Blue), TNT - The Next Tobacco, Vapeception, VMD - Vape My Day, Watermelony, TNT Menthol, Se7en (Vaper's Deadly Sin) and TNT Black Label Peach.

Each liquid is available in bottle sizes of 15 ($8.00) and 30ml ($15.00) and at nicotine strengths of 0, 6, 12, and 18mg. As stated above, Innevape mix all their liquids to a PG/VG ratio of 70/30.

The 15ml bottle is an easily squeezed, clouded plastic bottle with an attached dropper. The screw-top cap is white plastic and arrived with a tamper evident seal attached to the cap around the neck of the bottle. It's not childproof, so those of you with small children about should take special care in the storage and use of this liquid. The label includes the following information: the company name, the company's website address, the name of the liquid, the phrase "Live long and vapor", nicotine strength in mg and a warning that this product contains nicotine and should be kept out of the reach of children.

The liquid is a clear, light Bronze http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_(color) and it has the viscosity and lubricity of a very light oil. The aroma is of butterscotch.

Innevape describe VMD as "a pure, old school smooth tobacco blend with a touch of butterscotch just for good measure." http://www.innevape.com/Vape_My_Day_E_Cigarette_liquid_p/el-vmd.htm

I'm vaping VMD in an Igo-L on a mechanical mod running on a freshly charged 18650 battery. I don't have the mod or equipment necessary to measure the ohms of the coil on the Igo-L, but I can tell you that it has four wraps of 0.2 Kanthal wire around three strands of 2mm Silica wick. 

As I begin to describe my experience of VMD, I want to make one thing clear: I like this juice a lot; it offers the type of flavour which for me, makes it a candidate for the status of all-day-vape. As I first fire the device and begin to inhale, my mouth fills with a dense volume of vapour which carries a mild sweetness. As I proceed to inhale, the sweetness intensifies a little and I feel that familiar mounting of pressure at the back of my throat. The moment I stop inhaling vapour, take a small about of fresh air into my lungs and pause, the flavour of butterscotch announces it's presence amidst the seven trumpets of the apocalypse. As I exhale the flavour intensifies through to the aftertaste, where it settles in and slowly fades. The predominant flavour in my experience is the butterscotch, with tobacco notes providing a subtle umami foundation that perhaps provides substance to the vape, but without declaring themselves as primary elements in the overall flavour. I'm finding it a very agreeable and satisfying vape.

Throat hit is negligible, though there is that mounting of pressure at the back of the throat, which signals at a certain point that inhalation should stop. Vapour production is very good and more substantial than I'd expect from a 70/30 PG/VG mix.

To reiterate, this is a candidate for my personal arsenal of all-day-vapes and will be graduating to use in the Killer. The flavour is full-bodied and rich without being overpowering. Innevape, you've made my day.

Footnote: In 2008 I visited a Firing Range/Club in Sweden and had the great fortune of shooting at some targets with a range of firearms, amongst them a Magnum .44. There's nothing quite like the experience of pulling the trigger on a gun like that. Even Pacifists like myself should experience this at least once in their lives; if nothing else you discover a personal, visceral respect for these machines. The magnum .44 is heavy, it's louder than you can possibly imagine (even with protective ear muffs), and the recoil is... well, it's fierce. What I learned that day is that it's difficult enough to hit the target while you're standing still and concentrating, let alone while walking, running, dodging bullets and hiding behind cars like they do in the movies. I did alright. Here's the target after I shot five .44's at it from a distance of 25 metres.