Monday 17 June 2013

Icy Peach by Midas Vape

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product. Portions of this review are quoted from my review of Midas Vape's RY4. http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/ry4-by-midas-vape.html Quoted passages are in italics.

I'm never been particularly keen on Menthol. I hated Menthol cigarettes and my distaste is a legacy of that aversion. Knowing this, Midas Vape https://www.facebook.com/MidasVape encouraged me to try Icy Peach anyway as it's one of their top sellers and is celebrated for its flavour. Since I began vaping I've found I have respect, tolerance and even partiality towards flavours that I've avoided for as long as I can remember. Banana and anise for example. I can feel the tide turning in favour of Menthol too.

The Midas range includes RY4, Spiced Summer Nut (tobacco with "light nutty undertones"), Spiced Winter Nut (tobacco with "rustic nutty undertones"), Peach, Cinnamon Roll (rich, buttery cinnamon roll), Vanilla Cupcake, Pink Lemonade, Cinnamon Candy (bold and sweet), Toffee (smooth and luscious), Cinnamon Chill (light cinnamon with menthol), Glacial Inferno (intense cinnamon and menthol), Glacial Menthol (double intense menthol), Menthol (clean menthol, sweet finish), Peppermint Lime (strong peppermint, light lime) and Icy Peach.

The entire Midas range is available from Vape Revolution, each in 20ml bottles at $12.00, in nicotine strengths of 0, 6, 12, 18 and 24mg. There doesn't appear to be any option to specify PG/VG ratios but the bottle I have in my hands is a 60/40 mix.

The bottle is a clear glass with a black, plastic screw top cap with a built in dropper. This makes for easy accessibility and transfer of the liquid into your preferred device. The downside of this is that the cap isn't childproof, so vapers with children around will need to take extra care in the storage and use of the Midas liquids. The label is a silver metallic paper with the word "MIDAS" in blue across the top. Further information on the label includes: the name of the liquid, PG/VG ratio, nicotine strength in mg, an ingredients list a warning that nicotine may be harmful to your health, advice to keep away from children and pets and the instruction, "DO NOT DRINK".  The bottles also arrive with a tamper evident, plastic seal.

The colour of the liquid is a clear Ivory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_(color) and has the viscosity and texture of a light oil. Have you ever rubbed a drop of e-liquid between your thumb and forefinger? It's very lubricious.

The review hardware is the Igo-L on a mechanical mod running on a freshly charged 18650 battery. The first draw on the device delivers a cool wash across my tongue and almost immediately the dominant sensation is a cold burn at the back of my throat. The longer I draw, the more intense the burn. Hovering somewhere above the Menthol is a delicate, omnipresent peach. Fresh peach that makes it's presence known from the beginning of the inhalation, with a slightly warm sweetness, through the exhalation and into the aftertaste. It's there all along but it's the quiet whisper of a child amidst a chorus of roaring adults. I'd hazard a guess that the flavour ratio is 96% Menthol and 4% peach. If I take short, shallow draws the peach flavour is more prominent.

I don't experience any form of throat hit as such. The menthol however, etches a channel from the tip of my tongue to the back of my throat and down into my lungs. Vapour production is very generous, pouring from my mouth and falling to the coffee table ahead of me, before rolling off and dissipating.

If you were to suggest that peach and Menthol would make a good partnership, I wouldn't take you seriously, and yet it works. It works so well that I've been vaping it intermittently for several days now and have been enjoying it immensely. I'm glad Midas Vape encouraged me to try it, and now if I may, let me encourage you to do likewise. I doubt you'll be disappointed.