Saturday 10 August 2013

Omega by Space Jam Robo Fuel

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product. Pertinent passages of my review of Space Jam Robo Fuel's Andromeda have been quoted here. http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/andromeda-by-space-jam-robo-fuel.html Quoted passages are in italics.


Omega is the twenty fourth and final letter in the Greek alphabet. The word Omega means "great O" and "...is often used to denote the last, the end, or the ultimate limit of a set, in contrast to alpha, the first letter of the Greek alphabet." The symbol for Omega is also used in physics to represent ohms.

Is Space Jam Robo Fuel's Omega a tribute to the eschatalogical "end of all things" or is it a tip of the hat to the ohms with which we, as vapers are all so familiar? Omega is the fourth and latest addition to the Space Jam Robo Fuel range. It's been described as "...juicy peach juice with hints of a sweet vanilla cream."

Space Jam Robo Fuel is the brain-child of a couple of chaps who go by the names Aaron Pederson and Michael Crawford who are based in Orange County, California. The range is currently available from 41 brick and mortar stores throughout the US and online from the following vendors: Elevated Vaping http://elevated-vaping.myshopify.com/, EJuiceAvenue http://ejuiceavenue.com/, and Vapor Bank http://vaporbank.com/.

The Space Jam Robo Fuel range comprises Andromeda ("A creamy mix of pomegranate and blueberry..."), Astro ("Apples, Strawberries and juicy peaches..."), Starship 1 ("...a vanilla custard topped with fresh kiwi...") and Omega which was introduced to the market in mid July (2013). https://www.facebook.com/SpaceJamJuice.

Each of the liquids in the range are available in 30ml bottles ($22.00) (some vendors appear to carry cuboid bottles, while others carry cylindrical bottles) at nicotine strengths of 6, 12 and 18mg. I've been unable to find any reference to PG/VG ratios on the bottle or any websites carrying the Space Jam Robo Fuel range.

The bottle I have in front of me is cylindrical glass. The screw-top cap is a non-childproof, black plastic with an attached dropper. If you have children around, store and use this liquid with extra care. The label includes the following information: the company name, the name of the liquid, nicotine strength in mg, liquid contents in ml, an ingredients list (PG, VG, natural and artificial colours and nicotine), a batch number, the date of manufacture, the location of manufacture, and the words "Sale to minors is PROHIBITED by intergalactic law".

The colour of the liquid is a clear Rust brown http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(color) and it has the viscosity of a medium Olive Oil. Rubbing a drop of the liquid between my forefinger and thumb reveals a highly lubricious quality which resists absorption into my skin. The aroma of the bottled liquid is that of a whole peach with its skin unbroken married to a trace of vanilla.

I'm vaping Omega with my reviewing  hardware of choice; the Igo-L on a mechanical mod running on a fully charged 18650 battery. When I first draw the vapour into my mouth I experience a smooth, dense vapour saturated with flavour. There's a subtle fruity sweetness accompanied by the broad flavour of creamy vanilla sensed along the length of my tongue and the roof of my mouth. When I draw the vapour into my lungs and let it settle there for a moment or two, the fruity flavour expands and reveals slightly ripened peach. As I begin to exhale, the peach flavour is further defined as slightly sweet with a subtler sour note, which follows through into the aftertaste. At this point my salivary glands are activated and my mouth begins to water. As the aftertaste continues the peach subsides and I taste vanilla again. This juice begins and ends with vanilla. The flavour is potent and the low-key sweetness lends an air of authenticity to the peach flavour. The very subtle sourness evident in this vape lends further authenticity to the peach flavour while the vanilla cream softens and mellows the experience.

Throat hit is significant with a solid thump at the back of the throat. I also experienced a mounting of "pressure" at the back of the throat as I inhaled, which I find is common to sweetened vapes. Vapour production is excellent with no lack of dense, white clouds issuing from my mouth and nose.

Space Jam Robo Fuel have added a very worthy liquid to their range in Omega. It's a full-bodied, flavoursome and very satisfying vape. It's sweet without being cloying and is incredibly authentic in it's adaptation of the flavours of peach and vanilla. While Omega, the E-liquid may not be "the end of all things", it could very well be the last word in fruit flavoured vapes. It's easily on a par with the best fruity e-liquids I've had the pleasure of tasting.

Update (11/08/13): I've filled The Killer with Omega and the flavour is just glorious. Fresh peach. No taint of artificiality about it at all. The vanilla tends to take a back seat to the peach; quite subtle. Delicious.