Thursday 16 May 2013

Myster-E by Mister-E-Liquid

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product.

Mister-E-Liquid http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/ are based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Myster-E is available in 6 ($3.75), 18 ($9.95) and 36ml ($15.00) bottles at nicotine strengths of 0, 6, 12, 18, 24 and 32mg and PG/VG ratios of 100/0, 80/20, 67/33 (MEL custom blend), 60/40 and 50/50. 

The bottle I received from Mister-E-Liquid is a clear, easily squeezable plastic with a non-childproof, white screw top cap. The label bears the handwritten name of the Liquid. Ordinarily Mister-E-Liquid bottles are labelled with an ingredients list, nicotine strength and PG/VG ratio but international orders are sent out with handwritten labels in an effort to avoid difficulties at customs.

The aroma wafting from the opened bottle smells like fruit salad. In my house, growing up, fruit salad meant apples, bananas, oranges and maybe grapes. The liquid is a clear, Congo Pink. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variations_of_pink#Congo_pink

The Mister-E-Liquid website describes Myster-E as "a deep and bright vape, blending 4 flavors together giving this juice many layers".

Without any doubt we can say that this is a fruity vape. The Mister-E-Liquid website isn't giving anything away so we feel compelled to play a guessing game; who can correctly identify the four flavours that contribute to the overall taste of Myster-E?  Ok, I'll bite.

I think the dominant flavour is blackcurrent. It tastes almost exactly like the blackcurrent cordial I drank as a child. I think there's also some raspberry in the mix. There's a slight acidic tang on the tip of my tongue in the aftertaste which suggests that there may be something citrus involved as well. I don't think it's orange or lemon. It might be lime. I think there's also one or two drops of Isoamyl Acetate in the mix. This is the chemical which, for the most part, is what you're tasting when you eat a banana. I'm only sensing this at the end of the exhalation and very mildly at that. I'd suggest that there's also some menthol here which often serves to "brighten" fruit flavoured vapour. It's not enough to register on the palate or the back of the throat as a menthol vape, but it does serve to "season" or amplify the various fruit flavours. There's also a very mild "freshness" that lingers in the aftertaste.

This is not an overly sweet vapour, so I'd suggest that it could serve quite easily as an all day vape. Despite the low nicotine strength of 12mg, the throat hit is quite reasonable and with a PG/VG ratio of 67/33, vapour production is substantial as well. I'm finding it quite moreish and the longer I vape it, the more I like it.