Friday 10 May 2013

Melon Medley by Jameson's Irish Vapor Juice

Disclaimer: This E-liquid was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of conducting a review. This fact notwithstanding, I will, as best I'm able, provide an honest, accurate and unbiased assessment of this product.

This bottle of Melon Medley by Jameson's Irish Vapor Juice was kindly sent to me by Vape Revolution, http://shop.vaperev.com/ based in Cerritos, California.

I'm not sure whether it's by design or it's just a failing on my behalf to do adequate research but the identity of the man/woman behind Jameson's appears to be a mystery. The Vape Revolution website says that s/he's a world renowned Executive Chef but leaves it at that. Apparently, (I don't remember where I read this) s/he's also responsible for The Standard Range of e-liquids.  I love a mystery (Neurocam anybody?) and the fact that this man's/woman's identity is elusive adds, I think, a certain glamour to the liquids at hand.

Jameson's produce a range of four liquids: Forbidden Fruit (Sweet apple and tangy lime), Peaches 'n Cream, Tanjello and Melon Medley, each of which is available in nicotine strengths of 0, 6, 12, 18 and 24mg, comes in a 30ml bottle and costs $25.00

The bottle is a dark brown, glass bottle with a standard black plastic, screw top cap. The photographs on the website show bottles with screw top caps with integrated drippers.  The website also mentions cork tops though I suspect these are only available if you buy the liquid in store.  If like me, you receive a bottle without a dripper integrated into the cap, you'll need to use a syringe, eye dropper or pipette to fill your device, all of which are readily and cheaply available online or at your local pharmacy.

The label is an elegant, faux "olde worlde" design. The printed weathered edges of the label, the choice of fonts, the crest, the decorative scrollwork and signatures (of the creator/s of the liquid I presume) all help to impart a sense of vintage and quality to the bottle and its contents.  The label contains the following information: the name of the liquid, the brand name, the phrases, "established 2012" and "quality crafted", a number denoting nicotine strength, a warning that the product contains nicotine and is not to be sold to minors. The following information also appears on the label; "Made from the finest local ingredients. Crafted locally in Southern California."

The liquid in the bottle has a potent and unmistakeable bouquet of melon. The scent alternates between cantaloupe, honeydew melon and a combination of both. There's something else here but I can't quite put my finger on it... an alcoholic or medicinal tint perhaps. You'll be pleased to know that this elusive component of the aroma doesn't manifest at all in the taste of the vapour. The colour of the liquid is a translucent apricot and it has the viscosity of a very thin syrup.

I'm vaping Melon Medley in an Igo-L on a mechanical mod with an 18650 battery. If I pulse the switch and take short, shallow intakes of vapour into my mouth I get intense bursts of sweetened melon flavour. Sustained inhalations begin with this momentary burst of flavour but the sensation of general sweetness predominates.  As the cycle of the inward breath ceases and pauses the combined flavours of cantaloupe and honeydew melon reveal themselves. On the outward breath, the flavour intensifies and it seems the cantaloupe comes to the forefront where it settles into a very refreshing aftertaste. I should add that the flavours are authentic; it tastes like fresh fruit and not some candy flavoured approximation of it. The feel of the vapour in my mouth is warm, velvety and entirely pleasant.

The sample I'm vaping is only 6mg so the throat hit is negligible. Neither the bottle, nor the Vape Revolution website makes any reference to PG/VG ratios but I'm fairly certain the VG content is significant; vapour production is very good with copious clouds of opaque vapour pouring out into the room.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of The Standard range of juices and with Melon Medley, I consider myself a fan of the Jameson's Irish Vapor Juice as well. I'm keen to try the rest of the range now and when I do, I'll let you know.  Whoever this world renowned Executive Chef is, s/he is onto a good thing.

Melon Medley makes for a delicious and very refreshing vape and I heartily recommend it!