Tuesday 12 March 2013

Hardware

This has been my vaping hardware since the beginning. I have a pair of VGO2 manual 650 mAh batteries, a number of blank cartomizers and a Mini Nova clone. Cheap and cheerful equipment that doesn't necessarily provide the best results in terms of general vaping experience, but does the job nonetheless. This is what I'll be using initially to review any e-liquids that I can get my hands on.

In the not too distant future I'm hoping to upgrade to a variable voltage device with a dripping atomizer. I've read and heard that genesis style rebuildable atomizers coax the best out of e-liquids in terms of flavour, so I'll be looking into those as well.

I should have noted this in my introductory post, but I'll add it here. Obviously, I'm new to this reviewing lark, to blogging and to the gentle art of vaping itself. I'm not qualified in any particular way to make value judgements on the qualities of taste, mouth-feel or anything of that nature, so I'll be learning all of this as I go along. What I think I can offer, is the ability to pay close attention to sensation, and then write about it.

If you're reading this and you have an opinion backed up by solid experience I'd be very happy to hear from you.

Update 7/6/13: For some time now I've been using an Igo-L dripping atomiser on a mechanical mod running on an 18650 battery. This is the setup I use for reviews. My all day vape lives in a GP Spheroid V2 by VapourArt.